Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Sad Happy Goodbye...

Tonight I am so proud of my mom.  She said goodbye to one of her two dogs.  While we are excited to see Boomer find a GREAT home, it still is hard.  Pet lovers will understand how difficult it is to say goodbye to a pet.  Boomer had been with my mom for 8 years.

Boomer is the Golden Retriever
Mom said, "Good bye" to tonight
Maybe you saw the Facebook posts with pictures of Boomer and thought about taking him, this week alone Jodie and I have had 6 people/families come up to us and say that they are interested, if Boomer still needed a home.  Thanks to everyone who shared the photos, thought about inviting Boomer into your home, and prayed for a good home.  A good home was found and both Boomer and the family will be happy.

Mason or Mase laying on top of his buddy
Boomer before he left.
Next, is Mason or Mase as he is called.  Mase has a few health issues and will be heading back to Lakeland Animal Shelter on Thursday.  If anyone out there is looking for a chocolate lab mix, that loves people, kids, and other pets but has a few health issues please let Jodie or me know.  

As for my mom, she could have an entire book written about how tough she is and how much love she has invested in others.  Tonight was hard for me to watch her give up something she loves and know that in two days her other dog will be gone too.  I can only hope and pray that the time together in Kenya will be worth it.  I love you mom, thanks for joining us on this journey!

Oh hey Mom, it looks like you picked a good home for Boomer...
Boomer's new kiddos rubbing his belly!
Boomer with his new kiddos
Boomer with his new parents



No comments:

Post a Comment